Ways to encourage user generated content
Examples include ..
- enabling comments in your blog
- adding a forum to your website
- adding like, follow, and subscribe buttons to your website
- making it easy for fans to share content with share buttons
- encouraging testimonials
- implementing a reviews systems, such as that offered by Google ad their Google+ and Google business services, and which integrate with AdWord campaigns
- allowing comments and posts on your social media and video channels
- engaging with customers and fans via social media, blogs and email
When it comes to customer relationship management and building a community and audience, social media works well. It’s not the most time effective way to create a customer user base, but it will strengthen an existing one. If you have fans who are evangelising you and your products, you are in a very good place. Praise, thank them and look after them.